The original farmstead consisted of the house, a log barn, log smokehouse, log springhouse, and other outbuildings on 10 acres. The present log rear section was built about 1811. The front brick part was built about 1840.
This house contains architectural features which show a German influence. Particularly the roof subtructure. Shannon Trumbo, an attorney who grew up in the house that his grandmother, Sarah Cromer, purchased in 1889, gifted the home to the Society.
The house contains the Mary Spitzer - Etter collection of Victorian and early twentieth century household items, toys, and decorative arts.To view the C-T House take the Virtual Tour.
Note: The Cromer-Trumbo House is open for group tours year around, by appointment.